1. 12/10/2009

Spring rolls are a great idea for a plane ride, never even thought of that. Even with the flying I have done, I never seem to pack my own food. I should. You are right, airplane food is terrible, and frankly dangerous too. The two worst cases of food poisoning I have seen were from airplane food.

Great writing and photography as usual!

2. jiva
    12/10/2009

what great ideas, and YUM! look forward to trying the spring rolls for lunch, even if the travel is only from the refrig back to my computer….

3. 12/10/2009

Brilliant! If you were traveling longer, you could substitute baked tofu for the chicken.

Definitely making these soon!

4. 12/10/2009

I always hope to take food on plane rides, but never get past picking up granola bars, chips, etc. Really enjoyed your post and hope I do get my act together this year!

5. 12/11/2009

first of all – loved those spring rolls when we went to SF! They were fantastic! And what great ideas about everything else! I always get hungry on planes (scratch that – when am I not hungry???) and I could totally just load up a bag with cheese… maybe a few cookies too!

6. 12/11/2009

So THAT’S how you’re supposed to deal with those wrappers! The one and only time I tried it I ended up with something resembling library paste. Now I have to dig the package out from the back of the cabinet and give it another go.

7. 12/11/2009

Gabrielle, the baked tofu idea is brilliant! Thanks for the protein/refrigeration solution!!!

8. 12/11/2009

Nice work! Last year on our Xmas trip to Boston we stunk up the cabin with salami, mozzarella and artichoke hearts layered on pre-sliced ciabatta. Just remember, those ice packs are made with a gel-like substance, so they won’t let you bring them on the plane.

9. 12/13/2009

Brilliant idea to have these as travel/road food! We’re usually packing candy and chips/crackers to munch during our long plane trips. Springrolls are a much better option!

10. 12/31/2009

These would be great for ant lunch, not just for a road trip. Healthy too? Think these are going on the New Year Menu! Happy New Year!

11. tim
    10/26/2013

I take it this is not in America. Because in the States, outside foods are not allowed on board by security.