1. Thanks for sharing the tips with those of us who couldn’t make it to Mexico.

I’m not sure if I like all of the food styling tips, especially the one about fake cream. I know this is what goes into a magazine photo shoot but my favourite food blogs are taking photos of real food, not emulating magazines. Even the pros are moving in this direction – Nigel Slater’s The Kitchen Diaries were all pictures of the food he actually ate each night.

• 1/15/2010

Caitlin,
      Agreed. It’s important for me as well that the food I photograph is the food I want to eat. But when it comes to capturing a perfectly styled dessert for a commercial shoot, this Cool Whip trick is an edible solution.

2. 1/15/2010

Great job of trying to boil down major points of so many great lessons! We need to roundup all the posts eventually somehow so all this great information can be shared. Wonderful pictures as always, B!

3. 1/15/2010

Thanks for the great inside info, I just wish I could be there to learn more about food blogging, I’m new at this so all info can help.
    Have fun and enjoy the sun there, unfortunately for me I’m in Portland OR nice and rainy and gloomy here. :{

4. 1/15/2010

OMG I love everything! Fabulous words of wisdom! I am coming with you next year!

5. 1/15/2010

I was jealous of Food Blog Campers to begin with but after seeing all your posts and write ups I am very jealous.

FYI — you are on the foodie blog roll for today!

Faith

• 1/16/2010

Faith,
      Thanks for letting me know about the Foodie Blog Roll!
      Brooke

6. 1/17/2010

Brooke,

I enjoyed reviewing the past week through your lens . . . glad we had the opportunity to meet up the first day at the airport and build the friendship throughout the week!

justin

7. 1/17/2010

Hi Brooke,

So glad to meet you at last, and to get to know you a little. I noticed you typing away for hours in the bar — it must have been the creation of this post. Let me know when your story appears in LA Weekly.

I am still dreaming of those swaying palms, the soft sand and sun.

Hope we see each other again soon. Thanks for the link.

8. Thanks for the update and the valuable tips! Hope they do it again next year, I’ll definitely be there!

Lisa

9. 1/18/2010

Loved all the tips! Thank you for taking the time to distill down your experience for us.

10. 1/18/2010

Hi Brooke, Still green with envy but also grateful to you for sharing all the sound advice you picked up between swims!

11. 1/18/2010

Yikes! I think I use the words “yummy” and “tasty”. Uh oh.
    Thanks, for the write up.

12. Thank you so much for sharing Brooke. I am so jealous of your trip, what an amazing experience with a super talented panel bloggers! I really wish I could have gone, hopefully next year!

• 1/19/2010

I hope so, Sonja! It was an incredible experience that I hope more people will come to.

13. 1/19/2010

Thank you SO much Brooke for your insights from the trip. I can’t imagine how fantastic it was to be there with that list of great food writers, bloggers and photographers. I found your site thanks to MattBites. I’m a fledgling food blogger but very serious about growing my blog and getting better. Your tips on food blog strategy and food writing really hit home for me. My head is swimming with ideas.Thanks again!

• 1/19/2010

Thanks for coming by, Sally. The beginning of your blog is such an exciting time! Good luck to you and your blog!

14. 1/19/2010

Brooke, Thank you so much for sharing your adventure. I’m living vicariously. Already saving for next year. Any idea where it will be?
    Lauren

• 1/19/2010

Lauren, there’s been talk there may be a Food Blog Camp in Thailand…But it’s all still very much up in the air.

15. How exciting for you. And thanks for the great pointers. When you talk about content, technology and community, it drives home the point that a blog is a lot of work, and you have to love doing it to do it and stay at it.

16. 1/22/2010

I kne you would have a concise and intelligent wrap up of this event. GREG

17. I absolutely love your picture of the marketplace! Clearly, I need to be focusing on my photography more than anything!! It was so lovely meeting you, and since you’re close-by in LA, perhaps we’ll meet up again. Will you consider going to next year’s exotic location? It’ll be hard to resist, won’t it?

18. 1/27/2010

Caitlin, I agree. What didn’t come across is that Adam’s class showed you the tips used by the old-guard as compared to the things used to create completely edible creations.

19. […] of what form of food blogging gathering you pick–be it a one-day seminar or multi-day getaway–there are a few key things to keep in mind in order to make the most of your time there. For […]

20. […] blame Michael Ruhlman for my caramel corn craving. Back in January– soon after we met at Club Med’s Food Blog Camp—Ruhlman started a flurry of debate on Twitter on the merits of cooking popcorn in cold oil. […]