1. Anjali
    5/18/2009

That cocktail sounds fantastic. Coincidentally, I just bought some green plums at the farmers’ market and mixed it up with sugar and (much more plonk-like) soju to make a batch of homemade umeshu. Here’s the recipe.

I have to wait 3 months before it’s ready though, so I may have to whip up a few of these cocktails in the meantime!

2. Leah
    5/18/2009

Really. You need to bring me one of those. My momentum is fading and that sounds delicious. Beautiful, fluid writing Brooke and a super-cool use of those sour plums. Don’t be surprised if this turns up on a cocktail list somewhere.

3. Food, she thought.
    5/19/2009

That sounds amazing. Can you describe the flavors? I have a large group of cocktail thirsty friends coming to town this weekend and they are always looking to me for a new innovation. I was thinking of hitting up the Ho’wood Farmers’ Market this weekend anyway.

4. Jen
    5/19/2009

A very inventive cocktail! Sounds delightful & refreshing.

5. Diana
    5/19/2009

That cocktail sounds like the perfect antidote to a hot summer day. Delicious!

It's so true how a different preparation or clever sell by a server can get one to change his/her mind about something. I used to have a strong aversion to runny eggs, but after a recent experience with the green eggs & ham at Huckleberry, I'm a runny egg convert! I can't wait to try the famous egg ravioli at Mozza now!

6. white on rice couple
    5/28/2009

The photographs are gorgeous!! This cocktail looks fabulous, so perfect for summer. I love the brilliant salty/umami-sh flair from the salted plum.
    I’m seriously thirsty. I shall be ordering this from someone very, very soon….

7. 11/23/2009

So beautiful, but but not take this drink to its logical, and irresistible limit? Try it with Maboroshi Plum salt from Japan, a beautifully pink salt from Japan made by evaporating a beautiful deep sea salt (hundreds of times more magnesium, calcium, potassium, etc that industrial Kosher salt) evaporated with the naturally extracted juices of plum! Tart, complex, aromatic, and perfect for this cocktail. http://www.atthemeadow.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=672

8. IntooDeep
    2/28/2011

Soju cocktails have been my new favorite thing lately. I found a bunch of delicious recipes on the Team TY KU website. One of my favorites is 1.5 oz. TY KU Soju
    .5 oz. Pomegranate Liqueur
    2 oz. Grapefruit Juice
    Splash of Champagne
    Sprig of Mint
    It sounds like a lot but it is super easy to make and seriously the best drink I have had in a while! It is a MUST try