1. I like your thinking! With these scones…you know…it WOULD be a fantastic story that it started out with this some scones and an article….

2. 5/27/2011

Even my smallest triumphs in the kitchen encourage me to continue dreaming. Big.
    Loving your baking series. :)
    Your words are always a success.
    Healing.

• Food Woolf
      5/27/2011

Thanks for coming by Diane and leaving such sweet words. It’s true. All this baking truly is healing. Hip, hip, hooray! hugs,
      Brooke

3. 5/27/2011

You have put into words what I can only experience. My imagine runs away with me so quickly when I’m in the kitchen. And I do imagine scones changing the world. I can’t wait to make these ones this weekend.

• Food Woolf
      5/27/2011

Mia,
      thanks for coming by! I found that the less you work the dough the better. Be gentle when you fold the liquid into the dry ingredients and you’ll have great results!
      Happy baking!
      Brooke

4. 5/27/2011

Since I usually do most of my baking when my kids are at school, my successes are a solo exercise. The payoff comes when I share my baking successes with my friends and family. Their reactions and praise are so heartwarming; that’s what feeds my soul…yet there is the occasional big dream. But I’ve become fairly accustomed to sleeping until 6:30 every morning.

5. Karen
    5/27/2011

I have 3 businesses I run in my fantasy life, so… yeah, I get it!

• Food Woolf
      5/27/2011

Karen,
      Thank god you understand. Now to deal with my issues with my two imaginary dogs…
      Brooke

6. 5/27/2011

I’m hard wired for imagining with grandiosity. Made jam for the first time and suddenly it was: I’m going to make preserves! Everybody needs them, home made is so much better. And I’ll have perfect little rows of perfect little jars filled with perfect preserves…. and on and on.

• Food Woolf
      5/27/2011

Dana,
      It’s so good to know I’m not alone in this. Here’s to your imaginary preserve company! I’m an imaginary, regular customer!
      B

7. 5/27/2011

Wishing you a lifetime of magical thinking filled with scones, tea and big dreams

• Food Woolf
      5/27/2011

Thanks Lucy! Right back at you!
      (your hula sister,
      Brooke)

8. Magical thinking in my brain? Why yes, yes yes. If this is the best recipe you’ve posted here, then I MUST try it. xo

9. Alisa
    5/28/2011

I love these magical thinking scones, and I hope you continue to share these inspirational and amazing recipes.

10. 5/28/2011

Welcome to my world. Active imagination and giant leaps of faith based on one taste and one reaction. Love scones and tea and always looking for ways to improve scones, no matter how good I may think they are. And these look great!

11. These look delicious, but I have to admit that the term “magical thinking” alarmed me a little because I started off reading this post thinking that something terrible had happened; that you baked these scones out of the belief that someone you love who has died and he/she might be hungry for them when they return, much like Joan Didion couldn’t face giving away her husbands shoes because he’d need them when he came back.

I’m very glad to see they come from a happy place and not from grief-driven temporary insanity, psychosis, depression, or schizotypal personality disorder.

May you find success with your scones, but never become the object of bobbleheadism.

xom

• Food Woolf
      5/28/2011

Yes, thank goodness the magical thinking only sends me on funny leaps of imagination. Not over a cliff of insanity. Yet. :) xoxoxox, Brooke

12. Funny enough….I turned those dreams of mine into a reality! Well, I’m at the home based business “bakery” stage. It is a TON of work. LONG hours. POOR pay (per effort), but at the end of the day, I love creating. Thanks for this little reminder. Good luck….and keep your imagination running wild.

• Food Woolf
      5/29/2011

Jenn,
      that makes me happy knowing that the dreaming lead you to your business. It’s exciting when those two things align. When you do what you love, the hard work makes sense because it’s your vocation. Happy baking!
      Brooke