1. 12/7/2010

It’s such an honor to participate in this event with you and the other Share Our Holiday Table bloggers. Everyone’s perspective and info shared adds a little more to the picture on why we should support Share Our Strength and also look out for those in need in other ways. Thank you for your moving words in your post!

I never considered crab apples and vodka, but now I definitely want some of this infused vodka! I love different alcoholic beverages for the holidays. I like the idea of using yours as a gift, too. I definitely might be using your recipe … thank goodness there’s still time!

Shirley

2. Brooke, I agree with you – we do not drink over here, but a great part of celebration is not only the food but the drink. This cocktail looks great!
    So glad we can reach out as a group to share this important message about ending childhood hunger. xo

3. 12/7/2010

I’ve done home brewing (mead) with apples but for some reason it never dawned on me to flavor booze with it. Something about the apples browning just burned in my brain and I thought it was a bad idea.

I’m so going to try this !!!! Its genius!

4. 12/7/2010

Great drink for a wonderful organization and cause!

5. I’ve never infused vodka before… what a fun idea for a simple cocktail. Happy to be a part of this virtual party w/ you Brooke!

6. This crab apple infused vodka looks so delicious. I can think of so many ways to use that in a cocktail!

7. Brooke! I love you!

I have been trying to figure out what to make my friends for Christmas this year (every year I made a food item gift) and now I am inspired to make this infused vodka!

Thank you and love the post as always :)

8. 12/7/2010

Hi Brooke;

I’m the founder/moderator for Punk Domestics (www.punkdomestics.com), a community site for those of use obsessed with, er, interested in DIY food. It’s sort of like Tastespotting, but specific to the niche. I’d love for you to submit this to the site. Good stuff!

(I’m also a big fan of Share Our Strength. I volunteered at last year’s event here in San Francisco.)

9. 12/7/2010

FABULOUS! I’m loving looking forward to each new day to see what everyone comes up with. You definitely did not disappoint with your contribution (not that I’m surprised)!

10. I love apple – and apple drinks. And this looks so easy! Thank you for sharing. It’s great to work with you for Share Our Strength!

11. What a great idea! I infuse vodka with vanilla, thus making my own vanilla extract, so this apple infused vodka makes perfect sense. Can’t wait to try it! Isn’t this an amazing event?! The posts from the other food bloggers is just incredible – what a wealth of information! And the cause is one worthy of serious attention. I’m so glad to have the opportunity to add my voice to everyone else’s.

12. I wouldn’t have thought of infusing crab apples. Great idea, and I bet cider spiked with crab apple vodka is fantastic! I’m looking forward to posting a dessert for the dinner.

13. How wonderful: a good cause + a good recipe!!!
    During the fall I infused vodka with muscadine grapes and a vanilla bean… it was amazing. I can imagine how delectable this infusion will be.

14. 12/7/2010

I think this cause is amazing. Bloggers have such a supportive community. Thanks for raising my awareness!
    I don’t drink, but I am very curious as to what a crab apple infused drink might taste like. Wonder if I could make it non alcoholic!

15. i love you. your writing is warm, inviting, and tender. i feel blessed and honored to be a part of this wonderful, progressive dinner. and i feel even more blessed that i have food in my fridge, dinner on the table, and a group of friends whom are so conscious and so generous. this is really all i need!