1. 5/11/2012

you are so right, this IS an experience! sounds like a totally fun one at that!

• 5/11/2012

The Red Door definitely is quite the experience. Not for the timid, that’s for sure. :)

2. 5/11/2012

We’re flying across the pond in three months and gonna be visiting San Francisco as well. For the last two months I’ve been making a ‘must visit’ list including some of the best or intriguing restaurants, cafes, bars, food carts, etc. And the Red Door Cafe now is definitely on the top. I hope we’ll make it in! :)
    Thanks for sharing.

• 5/12/2012

I think you’ll really enjoy The Red Door. It definitely is a must visit for anyone interested in service.

3. 5/12/2012

Well, as a family of six with all my children under 7 (and whom I enjoy spending time with and like taking out to dinner), I can say that that is one place I probably wont be trying! Guess we will have to stick to Chili’s. Thanks for the review though! :)

• 5/12/2012

Amanda, I think you are very smart on this call. The Red Door is probably not the right place for young children!!!! Thanks for reading, tho!

4. I’m headed over there right now to show him this. I’m so happy you to got to experience the place. xom

• 5/12/2012

Michael,
      Thank you again for the tap on the shoulder to go over there, the introduction to AD and for being such a great “I’ll-be-in-the-lobby-in-10-minutes!” friend! How did the post go down with AD?

5. 5/12/2012

Now this is a crazy fabulous experience!!! These folks have guts and I love that. Your portrait with the doll is hilarious!

• 5/12/2012

Marla,
      This restaurant is all about guts and heart. And, well, certain body parts, too. But that’s part of its bawdy charm!
      xoxo,
      Brooke

6. Girlfriend, I live across the street. If you’re ever in town, we’re going.

7. 5/12/2012

I am always on the lookout for interesting places to visit while visiting San Francisco and I know that my daughter and I would enjoy Red Door Cafe:) I have stashed a lot of years in restaurant service industry, so I cannot wait to see how Ahmed does it! Thanks!

8. 5/15/2012

Yikes I instantly feel afraid – is that me questioning my inability to play like a child, my fear of those plastic Chucky horror film esque dolls or the terrifying idea that I may not be up to the challenge of Ahmed’s rules? There’s something really off putting about this experience for me – I guess I just fall into the category of those that don’t get it? Am I too uptight and British? or just simply never queue for food – too reminiscent of school dinners! Or don’t want to be grilled in public or have to prove myself like auditioning for something when all I want is a good cup of coffee in the morning?

• 5/16/2012

Lucy,
      Just like any good piece of art, The Red Door isn’t for everyone. Thanks for your honesty!!!

9. 8/2/2012

OMg! I really wanna meet this AD guy. He seems very interesting ! and ‘Great service is a two way street’ somehow I agree! ;)