1. 12/24/2012

I love this post. Other people’s actions sticks with me as well.
    “But who are we to make decisions about how people are supposed act?”
    What you say is true. We can’t make these decisions. Often, I find the situations that rankle me most are the ones where I can see bad behaviour occur, but I can do little to affect it. As in your case, a situation that you weren’t involved in but could only watch unfold.
    I find the only thing that brings me peace of mind is quietly, but firmly, sticking up for what I think is right in those situations where I have the opportunity to do so. Your friend’s idea for good deeds in order to strike a balance is a wonderful one. I know it will help you feel better.
    The season isn’t over yet. I do hope you get to witness a wonderful good moment out of it as well. Otherwise here are some that restore one’s faith in humanity. The good things, they happen silently sometimes, and don’t get the attention they should. They need to be celebrated.

Happy holidays! Wishing you the best.

2. 12/24/2012

What a wonderful message, Brooke. And what a wonderful friend to inspire you to see the light through the darkness. I teach my kids each day about the value in doing for others and the gift in doing a “mitzvah”. May you continue to be blessed and enlightened. Happy New Year to you!

• 12/24/2012

Thanks Susan! It’s so wonderful the teaching you give your kids. It’s going to change the world! xoxoxo. Happy Holidays!

3. 12/24/2012

Great post, and a good time to be reflecting on such things. All the best to you for the New Year x

4. 12/25/2012

My favorite post of yours to date and one that has me thinking about the beautiful idea of mitzvahs and how I can incorporate them into my own life. Yes. This is good. Merry Christmas!

5. 12/25/2012

So beautiful Brooke ~ thanks for the gentle reminder to take a good look at what is important. Merry Christmas!

6. 12/26/2012

Beautiful post! Happy Holidays!

• 12/26/2012

Thank you Maria! Hope you had a great holiday!

7. 12/28/2012

I read this yesterday while on my way to work and have been thinking about it ever since. Such a simple thing to say, and yet not so easy to carry out. Will be on my own little quest to find random acts of kindness; amazing how doing something for others can pull me out of my own funk!