1. 8/18/2011

Long time lurker, first time commenter. Wow. WOW! What a motivating and kick-ass post! This is just what I needed to read to kick the end of my week into high gear! My accountability is absolutely my sister – she gives it to me straight and never lets me slack. I love her for it!

2. Well, I think I’ve already said my piece! But I wanted to add “Thank you, Brooke!” and I hope that someone else finds their accountabili-buddy as a result of this post because our relationship has changed my life. XO

3. So many of us are willing to give the shirt off our back, but when it comes to asking for help we cower in corner. Being a military wife has taught me to stick my neck out and ask for help when I need it.

My accountability partner is my husband. He is clear headed and sensible when my head is in the clouds. I’m so glad you’ve found Maggy (I’ve only heard the best things about her!). We all need someone to help us along and keep us on the right path.

Insightful post, as always!! xoxo

• 8/18/2011

Carrie,
      I think it’s beautiful that your husband is your accountability partner. His strength and vision for what living a life of service is about must be incredibly insightful. What a blessing!
      B

4. 8/18/2011

I agree with Allison, I so agree. I love this and thank you so much for sharing this with us. The wheels are churning in my head.

• 8/18/2011

Julie,
      Keep me posted on where those wheel churnings get you!
      Brooke

5. 8/18/2011

This is a timely post for me. I’m starting up a mastermind group with some Twitter friends, and I just got my assignment for another mastermind group within a business coaching program I’m part of. However, as a health and wellness coach, I *am* my clients’ accountability buddy (and I regularly send emails with “Accountabilibuddy” as the subject line…).

Having support is so important to achieving your goals and dreams. I can just see you two, heads together, dreaming big on the way to the oyster farm!

• 8/18/2011

Stacy,
      I’m intrigued! I love that you’re a health and wellness coach! What’s the business coaching program you’re involved in?
      Brooke

6. sandy oldfield
    8/18/2011

thank you, maggie and brooke! i woke up this morning feeling stuck, sad and stalemated and not knowing how to proceed out of that place. you’ve given me incentive to try to find a way and partner for the journey. hurray!

• 8/18/2011

Sandy,
      Now THAT movement forward just made my day. Thanks for sharing and being open to movement forward with hope!

7. 8/18/2011

You are both amazing! Thanks for this post!

8. 8/18/2011

As my head is thick with lots of emotions right now I am so happy to have many wonderful people to turn to in my life. Accountability is key to survival and success. While you gals were discussing lifes journey and launching spit balling concepts I was sleeping in the front seat of our tour bus. Dreaming BIG :) Love you both!

9. This is a wonderful idea and you and Maggie are very lucky to have each other on your team!

10. This was such a helpful post Brooke – I am at a bit of a crossroads and you and Maggie’s words truly hit home for me!!

• 8/20/2011

Thanks Nancy, I’m so glad Maggy and my timing was right. Yay!

11. I really like this idea, Brooke. I already have point people in my life whose opinions I value but I’ve never thought about the accountability partner to help me get to that next level. Thanks for the post!

• 8/20/2011

Aida,
      It’s all about accountability partners. Or Cookbook deadlines. :) Whatever makes you work past the point of what’s comfortable!

12. […] it is a newly formed non-profit organization for bloggers, by bloggers. Co-founded by my friend and accountability partner, Maggy Keet (Three Many Cooks) and Erika Pineda-Ghanny (Ivory Hut), this non-profit organization […]

13. 8/22/2011

I really believe that if we give a voice to our dreams they become attainable – I think you should shorten it more to your AB!

14. 8/23/2011

I read this post the other day and I have not been able to stop thinking about it. Without even labeling it, I found my accountability partner a few months back. She and I would take long walks, talk about our dreams, our strengths, and our vision. And through our walks and talks I have made her my new partner in Big Mouth LA. She and I inspire each other, daily. You inspire me, Brooke. From the first time we spoke, heart to heart, I knew you were bound for wonderful things. You are clear on what your vision is, your perspective is unique, honest, and authentic and I know you believe in doing the right thing. I met Maggie once, at BHF10, and I was immediately attracted to her. I am glad you found each other….your partnership and friendship is going to inspire more of those around you then you can possibly imagine!

15. […] Gaby Dalkin, a personal chef, driven business woman, and online personality; Maggy Keet, a writer, visionary, and co-founder of the non-profit Bloggers without Borders–that I realized that the hashtag […]